Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A neighborhood walk

Instead of rushing off to work this morning, I thought I would take a little time to cool down after my two mile walk. It feels sooooo good to get back into the habit of early morning walks. I can feel the stress and tension drain away as I hurry along. I enjoy studying how neighbors have or have not landscaped their front yards and I get some ideas on how to fix ours up. I enjoy the fresh air and this morning, a very nice cool breeze - the first of fall! Hurrah! I feel so good after two and a half weeks of walking that I feel like I could extend my walk and even go walking again in the evening (which never seems to happen). I'll keep it at two miles this week and then I'll challenge myself next week. Ahhh, maybe fall is really around the corner.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Robertson said...

That's great Mom! I've stepped up my exercise this week and feel so much better, too. I have more energy and I get to work on time and ready to go. Good luck with your goals.

Andrea said...

I'm throwing swimming back into my workout... walk in the morning, swim after school (only Tues-Thurs). I've still got 14lbs left to go...