Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Footprints


Tamara was surprised last month to find out that I'm currently serving as a counselor in our Ward Primary. I was surprised I hadn't told her. She wondered if anyone else knew. So, I'm back in Primary since last October and enjoy working with the children. It is a lot more comfortable for me than teaching seminary, sorry to say.

I'm responsible for Cub Scouts and have been pretty busy with helping them do monthly pack meetings. Last week our pack had decided to have the theme, "Leave no trace," or "Leave nothing but Footprints." So I cut out foot cookies, decorated them with a light cocoa royal icing and put white toenails on. They looked fun and the kids thought they were cool (don't know if they understood that it tied in with the theme though). One 8 year old came up to me and said, "I sure don't like the bread on this but I like the frosting!" I got a kick out of that - who doesn't like sugar cookies and who likes to eat royal icing?

4 comments:

Jocelyn Robertson said...

Oops. I think I may have been told twice. I guess I was supposed to call and find out who hadn't heard.

You're doing wonderful service in Primary! I think you're going to be known as the Cookie Counselor.

Grammyzanne said...

ONLY a Cub Scout would like royal icing and not the sugar cookie! Wait. Joseph likes royal icing, but he does like sugar cookies. Guess that is why is a a Cub Scout Webelos Leader.

I didn't know you were back in Primary as a counselor either. Enjoy.

Austin's Mommy said...

I think feet are gross (except baby feet) but those are so cute!

Joanne said...

This picture is not the actual cookies I made - they were all eatened before I thought about blogging! But they look similar, just no toenails.