Sunday, November 9, 2008

Spoken

Today I spoke in Sacrament Meeting. I chose two of my favorite general conference talks: Elder David A. Bednar's April 2005 talk on The Tender Mercies of the Lord and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's October 2008 talk on The Ministering of Angels. What gratitude I have for these two talks that spoke on things that have encouraged and uplifted me during trials and challenges. And how thankful I am for experiences of the Lord's tender mercies and the presence and attendance of angels both heavenly and earthly at times needed in my life. I started a list of these experiences but realized some were too personal to share or the list would get too long. But I think it would be a good thing to journal and read when I'm in need of a tender mercy! However, I don't know why I don't choose a topic for speaking in church that is not quite so dear to my heart so I could just give a talk for once in my life without tearing up! Next talk will be on the importance of giving service cleaning the ward building!

No comments: